Do you have a passion for helping people as much as we do? Gold's Gym Norton is looking for an experienced massage therapist who is self-driven with a passion for the industry. We are looking for a therapist who offers a variety of modalities and is comfortable in a gym atmosphere. The desired candidate will have a current clientele base or will be willing to build one through tools we provide. We are interested in someone with an open availability and is flexible with scheduling needs. Must be willing to work days, nights and weekends
As a massage therapist at Gold's Gym Norton, duties include performing professional quality massage within scope of practice licensing and personal qualifications and education and in alignment with policies and protocols along with utilizing approved modalities designing specific sessions based on member’s/guest’s individual needs.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform professional quality massage, within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable).
- Must follow all policies and protocols.
- Assists in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas).
- If performing hot stone, deep muscle or prenatal therapy, must have appropriate training and satisfy the minimum clinic education hours.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Design specific sessions based on member’s/guest’s individual needs.
- Assists in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving massage therapy on a regular basis; communicates various promotions to clients.
- Creates excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
- Reliable, on time attendance. Attends all scheduled shifts, is prompt to work and works entire scheduled shift.
- Completes Wellness Chart documentation accurately and completely.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Training:
- Minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school and a certificate of completion.
- Participates in continuing education to improve effectiveness (preferred).
- Satisfactory results of background and reference check is a condition of employment in this position.
- Must adhere to all applicable local and state licensing laws and regulations related to the massage therapy services provided, including following any applicable law pertaining to maintaining current Massage License.
- Knowledge of and experience in performing Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage required, as well as knowledge of and experience in performing other modalities.
- Understands and believes in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork.
Communications and Personal Interactions:
- Have a strong customer service orientation.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and in a courteous and professional manner on a regular basis with members, guests, co-workers and management.
- Maintain client confidentiality
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)