The Front Desk Associate will greet and direct members, guests and staff as they enter the gym and provide control of the front desk location. This position will provide assistance to members' requests along with inquiries about gym operations and policies as well as perform various administrative duties as directed by the Gym Managers and/or Supervisors.
- Enthusiastically greets each member and guest promptly using the proper greeting for time of day to create a friendly positive entrance and departure to and from the gym.
- Provides security and control to the front desk and retail area of the facility.
- Personally checks each member into the gym using the proper check-in procedures.
- Monitor check-ins to identify delinquent accounts and handles accordingly, and notifies Membership Services Manager or Front Desk Supervisor as necessary.
- Register all guests into the gym using proper registration procedures.
- Ensures that guests and appointments are directed to the appropriate membership advisor in a prompt, professional manner.
- Answers phone by the third ring in a professional and courteous manner and uses proper phone greeting techniques.
- Addresses caller’s requests and/or takes appropriate messages noting caller’s name and contact number.
- Registers all telephone inquiries on the script slip and in the Master Appointment Log and transfers the call to the appropriate Membership Advisors.
- Responsible for following up on membership appointments, fitness orientations, and other membership related calls as assigned.
- Responds immediately to member requests, inquiries and concerns.
- Maintain neat appearance and wear proper uniform attire with nametag while on duty.
- Distributes keys, towels and other materials as needed.
- Reserves time/makes appointments for special classes or other activities sponsored by the gym.
- Processes retail and concession sales.
- Attends all staff meetings as directed.
- Cleans and maintains the front desk area according to Company standards.
- Responsible for gym and locker room walk-thru as designated in specified logs.
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures as instructed.
- Logs all maintenance concerns that are reported.
- Follows and reports any safety concerns.
- Notifies management of gym incidents that requires incident reports.
- Works when scheduled and adheres to company attendance policies.
- Performs other reasonable work assignments as directed by the Gym Managers and/or Supervisors to include but not limited to light cleaning and picking up of weights.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both staff and members.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, non-verbally and in writing is required
- Understanding of basic accounting principles is required.
- Understanding of basic cash processing procedures is required.
- Functional computer skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule to include holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 45lbs repeatedly and stand for extended periods of time
- Uphold Gold’s Gym Vision, Mission, Values and code of conduct.
- Comply with all Gold’s Gym policies and procedures
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)